DePaul Hospital was constructed in 1928, the 100th anniversary of the first DePaul hospital in Saint Louis, which was a three room log cabin. It closed in 1977, but reopened the first two floors on that same year as North Saint Louis General Hospital. This, too, would close down in 1978 and remain vacant until the early 1980's when it opened as a nursing home.
The nursing home has been active for some time, but is using only portions of the site. Various wings and upper floors have remained in an abandoned state, which is obvious by the open/broken windows in the upper floors.
The most obviously neglected wing is the old convent building which was later used as overflow for the hospital. Judging by the dates of activity here, it's safe to assume this entire wing has been vacant since the hospital shut down in 1977.