Catholic Church II was built in 1911 for the sum of $100,000. The cornerstone was laid on June 11 and it opened for service on December 26th of that same year. Reportedly, there were nearly 10,000 people in attendance at the laying of the cornerstone and the festivities involved a parade and marching bands.
The archdiocese closed the church in 1999, citing 3 million dollars needed in repairs. It was nearly sold a few years later to redevelopment but the deal fell through. Now, 100 years after it was erected, this beautiful and historic church is facing the threat of demolition.